Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts

 

The Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts is the largest art museum in the Urals and the museum was established in 1936. Nowadays, it has two branches. One is located in the reconstructed building of the local railway factory’s hospital, and the other undergoes reconstruction now. The Museum of Fine Arts has collections of the West European Arts of the XIV-XIX centuries, the Russian Arts of the XVII – early XX centuries, Russian avant-garde; the modern naïve art is next to the well-known Urals casting art and jewelry by local artists.
The key masterpiece is the Kasli cast-iron pavilion, which was made for the International Exhibition in Paris in 1900, and which is on the UNESCO list of history and culture monuments. The collection also has works by Russian avant-garde artists Kazimir Malevich, Natalia Nesterova and Mikhail Larionov, Wassily Kandinsky and others.

1